On March 12, Bishop Sean wrote to the partnership dioceses that, due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 epidemic, he is suspending in-person worship for the next three weeks.
“My only concerns are the safety of the people of our dioceses and the welfare of the communities in which we live and work,” he writes. “As Christians, we are obligated to care for our neighbors and the vulnerable among us, and in the circumstances now before us, we can best do that by helping to slow the spread of the virus.”
Several churches in the partnership have offered to provide worship opportunities via the internet so we are still able to gather in prayer as a community of faith. Information on how to access those online worship services is listed below, as well as other resources for daily prayers. If you are aware of options that are not on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update this information as events dictate.
Please continue to hold each other in prayer, as well as those working to combat this issue across the world.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buffalo – 10:15 a.m. live service via Facebook
- St. Paul’s, Harris Hill – 10 a.m. Morning Prayer via Facebook
- St. James, Batavia – 10 a.m. live service via Facebook
- Good Shepherd, Buffalo – 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning prayer with sermon on website and Facebook
- Trinity, Warren/St. Francis, Youngsville – 9:30 a.m. Morning Prayer with sermon via Facebook
- St Paul’s, Lewiston – 11:15 a.m. live service via Facebook
- Calvary, Williamsville – 10:30 a.m. Sunday Eucharist at calvaryepiscopal.net
- St. John’s, Franklin – 10 a.m. live service via Facebook
- Trinity, Buffalo – 10:30 a.m. live service via Facebook
- Trinity, Warsaw – Liturgy of the Word at the church website
- Church of the Ascension, Bradford – 10:15 a.m. live service via Facebook
- Trinity, Hamburg – 9 a.m. Sunday morning prayer via Zoom
- St. Andrew’s, Burt – 10:45 a.m. live service via Zoom, link at the church website
Presiding Bishop Curry will also offer an online service from the Washington National Cathedral on Sunday, March 15 beginning at 11 a.m.
- Good Shepherd, Buffalo with St. Peter’s, Westfield – daily Morning Prayer on Facebook beginning Monday the 16th
- St. John’s, Franklin – daily devotions on YouTube
- St. John’s, Sharon – Monday and Wednesday 5:30 p.m. live worship via Zoom (Telephone dial in number is: 646 558 8656, use code 260 714 1332)
- St. John’s, Sharon – daily prayer Monday through Thursday at 4:30 p.m. and Sunday at 8:30 a.m. via Facebook
- Christ Church, Oil City – daily prayer on YouTube
- Church of Our Saviour, Dubois – noonday prayer Monday, Wednesday, and Friday via Facebook
- Instructional Prayer videos on the partnership’s Spiritual Formation page
- The Mission of St. Clare offers an online walkthrough of the Daily Office
Stations of the Cross:
- St. John’s, Sharon – Friday at noon via Facebook